Marine Power Converters - Chargers
Progressive Dynamics PD2100 Series electronic marine converter - chargers with four stage charging system.
- Four-Stage Charging System – Microprocessor constantly monitors battery voltage and automatically selects one of the four charging modes: BOOST, NORMAL, STORAGE or EQUALIZE.
- 3 Diode Isolated Outputs – Allows the Converter/Charger to charge three separate banks of batteries. Each output is capable of handling the full rated current of the charger.
- Reverse Battery Protection – Prevents Converter/Charger from being damaged if the batteries are accidentally connected to the charger in reverse.
- Over and Under Voltage Protection – Prevents high voltage spikes and brownouts from damaging the Converter/Charger.
- Electronic Current Limiting – Limits the output current to the maximum rating of the charger to prevent over heating and damage caused by shorts or
- Variable Speed Intelligent Cooling Fan – Only runs as fast as required to maintain a more constant operating temperature inside the Converter/Charger. This feature reduces thermal stress caused by fans that cycle on and off.
- Programmable in the Field – PD2100 Series Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers are programmable in the field to provide optimum charging profiles for
lead-acid, gel-cell or AGM batteries. See illustration on next page.
- Automatic thermal protection – reduces converter output to safe levels when unit temperature exceeds pre-set limits and protects converter from damage due to excessive heat.
- Series or Parallel Connection – Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers can be connected in series to provide a combination 12/24 Volt system or in parallel to provide more current.