The PD2160 is a 60-amp Electronic Marine Converter/Charger capable of charging up to three separate banks of batteries at the same time. It incorporates a microprocessor that constantly monitors battery voltage, then automatically selects one of four operating modes to ensure safe, rapid recharging cycles. The Storage Mode and the Equalize Mode of operation ensures minimum battery gassing and water loss while preventing battery stratification and sulfation. All Inteli-Power chargers are designed to meet the stringent requirements of the Marine environment and are UL listed for safety. A digital meter displays current, voltage, operation mode, blown fuse indication, and battery type.
- Input: 105-130 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 1,000 Watts
- Dimensions: 10.9″L x 7.8″W x 4.2″H
- Weight: 6.4 lbs.
- Click here to download the owners manual
- Click here to download the operation manual
- Four-Stage Charging System
patented Microprocessor constantly monitors battery voltage and automatically selects one of the four charging modes; BOOST, NORMAL, STORAGE or EQUALIZE.
- 3 Diode Isolated Outputs
allows the converter/charger to charge three separate banks of batteries. Each output is capable of handling the full rated current of the charger.
- Patented Reverse Battery Protection
prevents converter/charger from being damaged if the batteries are accidentally connected to the charger in reverse.
- Over Voltage Protection
prevents high voltage spikes from damaging the converter/charger.
- Electronic Current Limiting
limits the output current to the maximum rating of the charger to prevent overheating and damage caused by shorts or excessive loads.
- Variable Speed Intelligent Cooling Fan
only runs as fast as required to maintain a more constant operating temperature inside the converter/charger. This feature reduces thermal stress caused by fans that cycle on and off.
- Programmable in the Field
to provide optimum charging profiles for lead-acid, gel-cell, or AGM batteries.
- Regulated Output Voltage
prevents AC Line voltage variations from being transmitted to the batteries and 12 volt circuits.
- Automatic Over-Temperature Shutdown
prevents converter/charger damage in the event the fan is unable to cool the charger due to inadequate compartment ventilation.
- Series or Parallel Connection
Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers can be connected in series to provide a combination 12/24 Volt system, or in parallel to provide more current.
Digital Display Screen
Microprocessor-controlled four stage charging system provides rapid recharge and long battery life.
The Inteli-Power Four-Stage Charging System – Provides optimum charging voltage at all times during the recharge cycle. Battery voltage is constantly monitored by the microprocessor, which automatically selects one of four operating modes:
BOOST MODE – Selected whenever the battery voltage is very low. Boost Mode provides a higher charging voltage to rapidly bring the battery up to 90% of full charge. The digital display will read BOOST when the charger is in this mode.
NORMAL MODE – Automatically selected once the battery reaches the 90% charged level. This lower voltage safely completes the charge and remains in this mode as long as the 12 Volt systems in the boat are being operated. The digital display will read NORMAL in this mode.
STORAGE MODE – Activated automatically when the 12 Volt systems are turned off and the battery has been fully charged for a period of 30 hours. The digital display will read STORAGE when in this mode.
* Exclusive! Equalize Mode – Helps prevents battery stratification and power-robbing sulfation. When in the Storage Mode, the microprocessor automatically equalizes the battery by increasing the voltage from 13.2 Volts to 14.4 Volts for approximately 15 minutes every 21 hours. This remixes the electrolyte mixture of water and sulfuric acid. Battery manufacturers recommend that
* NOTE: Gel-Cell and AGM batteries do not require an Equalize Mode.